New York City, NY, United States
Feb 09, 2022
Designs innovative product true to the brand DNA. The Designer will manage the design process in a collaborative work environment translating knowledge of market trends into globally relevant, innovative, commercial designs. The Designer will develop and then implement designs that capture new markets, increase consumer demand, and deliver on the design assignment from the product team in a timely manner. Leads a team of assistant and /or associate designers.
REPORTS TO: Sr Design Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Applys research to specific designs. In partnership with Design Director, makes decisions on coloring the line (applying materials and colors)
• Communication with overseas development teams including leather and fabric teams. Spec development and management.
• Apply seasonal brand direction, market research, trend insight, and knowledge to interpret business to select materials, and actively creates and presents new innovative concepts
• Develop and create illustrations and technical drawings for new design concepts and digital renderings of materializations in Photoshop and Illustrator, detailing concept, materials, and development specifications based on brand design guidelines
• Manage and drive multiple design projects from conceptualization to finished product adhering to calendar deadlines while completing digital template guidelines
• Review prototypes in a timely manner and update tech packs to reflect agreed upon changes and modifications
• Collaborate with the production team to design products within specific pricing and market segment goals
• Collaborate and clearly communicate with production and design teams to ensure design objectives are reflected in the creation and execution of the product
• Prepare and present design projects, clearly communicating design vision
• Collaborate with and support peers and sales teams to ensure season runs smoothly
• Proactively anticipate how to manage design deadline in order to meet critical dates
• International travel as required. Attendance at tradeshows and events may also be required as directed
• Coach and develop a team of one or two assistant designer(s) if applicable
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Ability to use market research, trends and industry knowledge to participate in upcoming design meetings
• Must be a team player, exhibiting strong communication skills and flexibility
• Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills, attention to detail and accuracy
• Professional demeanor and customer service oriented
• Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite; Illustrator and Photoshop
• Ability to sketch, CAD and understand foundational design elements
• 5-8+ years related footwear design experience.
• Experience in men's casual/athletic footwear preferred
• Experience creating technical drawings, tech-packs, CADS and merchandising boards
• Experience correcting shoes
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in footwear design, fashion or industrial design in order of preference.
Website : http://www.dsw.com