Madison Area Technical College
Madison, WI, United States
2019-2020 PT Instructor Pool - Graphic Design
Open Until Filled
Transfer Requests and Application Due By:
School of Business & Applied Arts
Madison College is recruiting a pool of qualified part-time candidates to teach courses for the Graphic Design program. Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis for the 2018-2019 academic school year. Starting salary depends on qualifications and experience. Health and dental benefits are
For all internal candidates
who are interested in transferring or promoting to this position please review the transfer and promotion policy located in the Madison College Employee Handbook
Organizational Function and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for instruction in the Graphic Design program at the college level. This includes developing a relevant and progressive curriculum, designing and implementing effective learning strategies and environments, delivering instruction of high quality, assessing student learning, advising students, and participating in college service activities at the department, division and college levels.
This position reports to the Associate Dean – School of Business and Applied Arts.
The following duties are typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Responsible for instruction in the Graphic Design program.
2. Develop and plan appropriate instructional strategies and alternative delivery strategies when appropriate including but not limited to hybrid, face-to-face and on-line course delivery.
3. Participate in in-service meetings, convocation training, staff development training or other activities or programs requested by the Department.
4. Assist and advise students who have problems with assignments, tests, grades, course content, career concerns, and other academic matters.
5. Comply with college policies and directions regarding student testing, record keeping, advanced standing, providing grades on a timely basis, evaluating student performance and maintaining office hours for student assistance and counseling, etc.
6. Maintain competencies as an instructor as aligned with the Faculty Quality Assurance System.
7. Assist students in developing work experience assignments such as internships, work study assignments, team projects, etc.
8. Demonstrate a commitment to the college’s mission, vision and values.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of current educational methods and strategies, including learner-centered instruction, assessment, evaluation and collaborative techniques and strategies that address closing the gap in student access and achievement across race, gender and disability.
2. Skill in the use of educational technology and alternative delivery methods.
3. Knowledge and ability to infuse multicultural perspectives into course content and delivery.
4. Skill in communications and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds, as well as individuals with disabilities.
5. Ability to interact with business and industry to establish partnerships.
1.One of the following:
1. Master’s Degree or
Degree in Illustration, Graphic Design, Fine/Studio Art, or a closely related field,
Four (4) years (8,000 hours) professional experience (other than teaching) in Illustration, Graphic Design, or related field.
2. Bachelor’s Degree or
in Illustration, Graphic Design, Fine/Studio Art, or a closely related field,
Five (5) years (10,000 hours) professional experience (other than teaching) in Illustration, Graphic Design, Fine/Studio Art, or a closely related field
3. Bachelor’s Degree in a major unrelated to Illustration, Graphic Design, Fine/Studio Art, or a closely related field,
An Associate of Applied Arts degree in Illustration, Graphic Design,
Six (6) years (12,000 hours) professional experience (other than teaching) in Illustration, Graphic Design, Fine/Studio Art, or a closely related field
4.An Associate of Applied Arts degree in Illustration, Graphic Design,
Seven (7) years (14,000 hours) professional experience (other than teaching) in Illustration, Graphic Design, Fine/Studio Art, or a closely related field.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Madison College utilizes pool postings for all Part-time Instructor positions. This posting is a pool position to collect applications for potential part-time instruction positions. Part-time Instructors are hired on a per course basis each semester, and teaching one semester does not guarantee assignment for the following semester. The teaching hours for a part-time instructor vary and can include day, evening, and weekend classes.
If interested, please complete the required online application and attach a resume, cover letter, and transcripts (unofficial copy). Please note that all transcripts will be checked for verification of accreditation before hire. This pool will close on approximately January 31, 2020. If you are not contacted by this time and you are still interested in employment with Madison College, you will be asked to reapply to a new pool. All communications will be through the e-mail provided on your application materials.
We regard diversity in the workforce as a competitive advantage and strongly support its presence in our educational environment.
When applying for this position, the system will prompt you to respond to the following supplemental questions. Failure to respond
1. What days of the week, including Weekends, are you available during the day or evening? Please specify times. (Example: Tuesdays, Thursday 5-9 pm)
2. Please indicate all Madison College Campus site (s) you are interested in teaching at (Madison Truax Campus, Madison Downtown Education Center, Madison South Campus, Madison West Campus, Watertown, Fort Atkinson, Portage, Reedsburg).
Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Rosemary Buschhaus, J.D.,
Director of Employment and Employee Relations
1701 Wright St
Madison, WI 53704
Madison Area Technical College
Phone : (608) 246-6900
Website : https://madisoncollege.edu/