Portland, OR, United States
Purchasing, Retail, Design
Requisition Number: RJ-14811
Area of Interest: Merchandising
Position Type: Full-time
About the Team
Do you want to be part of an ever-changing industry? Do you like working on a fast-paced team? Do you enjoy working across departments? As an Associate Buyer, you will be part of them all and much more. You will work with engineers and designers to continue to grow our market share in both Hardware and Kitchen and Bath categories.
About the Role
As an Associate Buyer, you will help in providing strategic and practical input for assigned category product offerings across sales channels for the entire product life-cycle. You will analyze sales reports, market performance, financial impacts, trends, to effectively direct cross-functional team for optimal support of merchandising strategies. You will assist managing new and existing products to meet brand sales and profit goals, serving as a champion for the product line.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
* Assist in overseeing the seasonal and core product mix, constantly identifying emerging trends to develop business strategies which outline strengths, weaknesses, new opportunities and threats.
* Collaborate with Inventory Management to develop annual and seasonal financial plans; ensures financial plans are met.
* Conduct continual on-line and in-store market analysis.
* Perform on-going competitive analysis for assigned categories.
* Complete accurate, timely reporting and analysis of assigned categories.
* Assist in managing vendor relationships including negotiations, reporting and marketing strategies; also sources new vendors.
* Assist in providing final assortment plans with required product details to inventory partners for developing purchase projections and buy plans.
* Assist with determining assortment adjustments to maximize sales and margins.
* Ensure timely dissemination of product information and promotional strategies to Marketing, Product Information, and Store Operations teams.
* Assist in managing timely development of collateral marketing materials, ensuring that marketing strategies and profitability align.
* Responsible for accurate catalog proofs, website, visual packets, signage and perimeter packets for assigned categories. Also does website testing as required.
* Work with cross functional partners to resolve and or escalate product issues; use product feedback to improve product; analyze returns reporting and recommend solutions to reduce return rate.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
* We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
* A technologically and data-driven business
* Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
* We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
* We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
* We get to be creative on a daily basis
* A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have fun!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're excited about you because you have...
* 3-5 years of Buying/Product/Category Management experience
* a Bachelor's Degree in Design or Merchandising related field (preferred)
* High level of proficiency in MS Office suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
* High level of proficiency in working with ERP system
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the home. Our family of brands includes Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room, and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. In 2017, we acquired Outward, Inc., a 3-D imaging and augmented reality platform for the home furnishings and décor industry. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Founded in 1977, in Portland, Oregon, Rejuvenation began as a small architectural salvage shop, evolving into a manufacturer and retailer of period authentic lighting fixtures and home hardware. With a foundation rooted in timeless design, we pride ourselves on creating products that draw their inspiration from history but made for today. Everything that we do is built on our dedication to quality craftsmanship, whether it is a heritage piece from our Antiques and Vintage collection, or new, thoughtfully designed products made to last. Our customized lighting is made to order in our Portland factory by skilled artisans and craftspeople. Today our product assortment has expanded to include furniture, home décor, textiles, and plumbing for all rooms of the home.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits. Our corporate vision--to enhance our customers' quality of life at home--extends to the lives of our associates. To that end, we offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here's a look at what you might be eligible for:
* A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
* A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
* Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
* Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
* Tax-free commuter benefits
* A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
* Online learning opportunities through WSI University, LearnIt and AcademyX
* Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
* A business casual work environment
* Time off to volunteer
* Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or sponsor an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com/
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a multi-channel specialty retailer of high quality products for the home. In 1956, our founder, Chuck Williams, turned a passion for cooking and eating with friends into a small business with a big idea. He opened a store in Sonoma, California, to sell the French cookware that intrigued him while visiting Europe but that could not be found in America. Chuck's business, which set a standard for customer service, took off and helped fuel a revolution in American cooking and entertaining that continues today. In the decades that followed, the quality of our products, our ability to identify new opportunities in the market and our people-first approach to business have facilitated our expansion beyond the kitchen into nearly every area of the home. Additionally, by embracing new technologies and customer-engagement strategies as they emerge, we are able to continually refine our best-in-class approach to multi-channel retailing.