Bethesda, MD, United States
Jan 04, 2021
Job Number 20202441
Job Category Brand Management
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
This leader is the creative director and brand builder for W Hotels globally. W Hotels is one of the most inspiring brands in the industry, born from the energy, pulse and 24/7 lifestyle that is New York City. The Creative Director will shape the brand voice and aesthetic direction, driving profitability and growth.
The right leader will be a charismatic brand activist, with a vision to shake things up. They will serve as the face of the brand to all stakeholders. They will have a tireless spirit, be a trailblazer with a bias toward innovation, and a desire for creative risk taking. They will have the ability to drive design thinking from ideation thru concept development, refinement, and execution, building the brand through values and culture.
The Creative Director will define all elements of the brand experience, ensuring consistency across all guest tough points, tapping into innovation and experimentation, and seeking to establish an intangible, emotional connection between guests and the brand. They will be accountable for leading product development and enhancement by creating new products and services and evolving existing ones. The leader will collaborate with cross-functional project teams to design new concepts and refine existing features to continually improve adoption and overall guest experience. A key component of this role is leading all parts of a guest-centered design process (i.e., ideation, proof of concept, build, pilot, and deployment) and in creating deliverables at varying levels of fidelity; from quickly capturing a concepts value proposition to creating final products and services.
The role is responsible for driving commercial performance, brand health, and guest satisfaction for the brand. They will partner with relevant teams across Marriott to support development, owner relations, on strategic portfolio growth, and on strategy design and construction of new hotels. By ensuring each hotel flawlessly executes the W Hotels ethos, the attitude of the brand will be apparent and distinctive, building unbreakable brand loyalty.
Education and Experience
· 4-year degree from an accredited university in Design, Marketing, Business, Communications or related field. Advanced degree in business or related field preferred.
· 12 years of relevant professional experience in creative, development, marketing, brand management, or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance. Lifestyle, luxury or global brand experience preferred
· Preferred candidate will be from fashion, retail, entertainment or related industry and have experience in building breakthrough brands
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Brand Experience Design
· Leads brand experience design to bring W Hotels to life in unique and consistently unparalleled ways, ensuring the brands place as the iconic lifestyle brand globally that appeals to the Disruptor audience
· Uses market research and consumer insights to influence experience design, product development, and brand initiatives
· Advises on hotel configuration to optimize the revenue potential with the luxury lifestyle experience
· Develop brand blueprint, voice, and strategic pillars along with brand service strategy and culture and ensures understanding and alignment by key internal stakeholders
· Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the brand by ensuring that appropriate brand standards are established and monitored
· Serves as brand advocate to lobby for what is right for the brand
· Responsible for ensuring strong growth of the brand by delivering an efficient and effective operating model
· Ensure that brand is fashion-forward, creative, and generates brand conversation and buzz
· Implement innovative design, beverage and food, and entertainment concepts, ensuring a dynamic and vibrant expression of the brand
Brand Business Leader
· Serves as the W Hotels business leader to key internal and external partners, to drive the growth of the brand globally
· Partners with Marriott Development and Global Design on the hotel development process and evolves and repositions W Hotels to lead in the luxury lifestyle space
· Participates in the selection of beverage & food operators for each hotel to ensure market compatibility and local success
· Ensures that the business model is clearly articulated for W Hotels and understood by key stakeholders, and is scalable to drive growth in the system
· Owns the brand scorecard and is accountable for brand economic model. Assesses brand performance against scorecard at appropriate intervals, communicates performance, and adjusts targets as needed
· Establishes an operating model that ensures clarity of services and accountabilities, in partnership with continent leaders and OFS, as relevant
Provide Cultural and Service Leadership
· Inspire and activate the Whatever/Whenever W culture with continent leadership, headquarters and the hotels