Middlebury Interactive Languages
Herndon, VA, United States
Training, Manager, Work At Home, Design
SUMMARY: The Senior Manager, Creative is responsible for the overall success of a diverse team of visual designers and charged with improving how students and learning coaches experience K12 curriculum/content through design. The Senior Creative Manager reports to the Creative Director and is responsible for managing visual design production, both new and legacy, and ensuring courses are delivered on time and on budget with appropriate level of quality. In this role, the senior manager communicates and integrates the company mission, vision and values to provide direction for the team and ensures highly visual, interactive work that always puts the user first.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Leads and facilitates a multi-disciplinary team of direct reports and non-direct reports through each stage of the content design process with clear creative directions;
• Uses customer-driven insights and agile methodologies to deliver elegant and delightful customer experiences;
• Crafts project approaches that challenge the status quo and lead to highly valuable, impactful and unified content design solutions across the K-12 course catalog;
• Promotes cross team collaboration and multi-disciplinary growth with visual designers, UX designers, instructional designers, interaction designers, and media editors to ensure new K-12 courses come together as a cohesive visually appealing experience;
• Partners with product managers and course owners to influence product design;
• Partners with executives, leaders, and other stakeholders to define smart strategies that align business and customer needs;
• Translates business requirements into visual concepts and prototypes;
• Actively collaborates with co-manager to support director and build a multi-disciplinary visual design team that can flex between projects and courses.
• Analyzes production processes to identify opportunities to increase cost efficiencies and improvements.
• Anticipates and resolves technical issues and production details.
• Manages and supports print production, including eBook production, deliverables, quality control and accessibility standards.
• Manages outsourced work with vendors, communicating and integrating K12 vision and design into deliverables.
• Brings a renewed attention to detail, enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to work hard and contributes to the content/curriculum design under tight deadlines.
• Balances mentoring capabilities with a willingness to jump in and execute on project deliverables.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises 5- 10 Full-time Equivalent (FTE) regular employees and/or contractors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in design related field AND
• Five (5) years of experience with team leadership or 5 years of experience with management AND
• Eight (8) years of experience designing digital products for multi-channel services OR
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Proven experience as manager or in a relevant role.
• Experience in developing interactive learning products including both software and materials in the areas of educational, professional, or consumer products;
• Visual and graphic experience including photography, illustrations, and/or designing experiences;
• Consultative and collaborative experience;
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency; Adobe Creative Suite.
• Ability to travel 10% of the time
• Ability to pass required background check
• Management experience in Ed-Tech
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This is an office-based position. The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
• This is a home-based position
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
Middlebury Interactive Languages
Website : http://www.middleburyinteractive.com/
Middlebury Interactive Languages is a new company forged from a powerful combination of Middlebury College and K12 Inc. Over the past century, Middlebury has developed a tradition of excellence in world language education through undergraduate and graduate programs, with locations in sixteen countries, focusing on ten languages. K12 Inc. leads the nation as the largest provider of proprietary curriculum and online education programs for K-12 students.