San Francisco, CA, United States
Requisition Number: WS-13217
Area of Interest: Product Development - Design
Position Type: Full-time
About the Team
As part of the Williams Sonoma Product Development Team, you will be responsible for creating the next generation of Williams Sonoma branded kitchen products. We strive to create meaningful experiences by providing timeless cooking and baking products that both experts and beginners alike will love. We are a small team, flexible and efficient, and learn by playing with food, literally.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a creative Industrial Designer to join us in making beautiful, purposeful cooking tools. As a Prep Designer, you will create branded products for Kitchen Tools, Cookware, Cutlery, Electrics and Bakeware.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
* Identify consumer needs and present product ideas to be developed that meet those needs.
* Develop and oversee designs from concept through production.
* Communicate concepts to the category teams and vendor partners.
* Work across a range of different product categories, materials and manufacturing processes.
* Play with food.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
* We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial spirit
* A technologically and data-driven business
* Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits.
* We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation.
* We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience.
* We get to be creative on a daily basis.
* A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative.
* It's pretty fun.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
You have the following experience...
* 3-5 years as an Industrial Designer
* An understanding of manufacturing processes and how things work.
* A keen awareness of proportion and scale.
* A love for cooking and the Williams Sonoma brand.
* Strong sketching and visualization skills (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchbook, etc.).
* Expert 3D surfacing skills (Rhino or Solidworks).
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits. Our corporate vision--to enhance our customers' quality of life at home--extends to the lives of our associates. To that end, we offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here's a look at what you might be eligible for:
* A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
* A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
* Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
* Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
* Tax-free commuter benefits
* A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
* In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University, LearnIt and AcademyX
* Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
* Quarterly sample sales
* A business casual work environment
* A bike share program
* Time off to volunteer
* Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
* Company-sponsored walks and runs
* Healthy, organic options in the cafeteria and an awesome salad bar
* Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or sponsor an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com/
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a multi-channel specialty retailer of high quality products for the home. In 1956, our founder, Chuck Williams, turned a passion for cooking and eating with friends into a small business with a big idea. He opened a store in Sonoma, California, to sell the French cookware that intrigued him while visiting Europe but that could not be found in America. Chuck's business, which set a standard for customer service, took off and helped fuel a revolution in American cooking and entertaining that continues today. In the decades that followed, the quality of our products, our ability to identify new opportunities in the market and our people-first approach to business have facilitated our expansion beyond the kitchen into nearly every area of the home. Additionally, by embracing new technologies and customer-engagement strategies as they emerge, we are able to continually refine our best-in-class approach to multi-channel retailing.